SPECIALIZING IN HOME ACCESSIBILITY
WELCOME TO BARRIER FREE OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
Barrier Free Occupational Therapy is dedicated to helping our clients live life to the fullest regardless of abilities through compensatory therapy, accessible home recommendations/strategies, accessible home design and consulting, adaptive equipment and caregiver training.
Get to Know Us
Looking for expert Occupational Therapy Services for complex home modifications you can depend on? Well, look no further. We're Barrier Free Occupational Therapy, specializing in home modifications and auto no-fault. We are available where you need us when you need us.
Since 2008, we’ve been committed to being the best at creating accessible homes in the most cost-effective way possible. Serving clients throughout Michigan by not just meeting their expectations, but exceeding them.
Areas of Service
Home Evaluations for Safety and Accessibility
Get this service done quickly and efficiently by the experts here at Barrier Free Occupational Therapy. We understand how important it is to have options when creating a safe, accessible home. Our dedicated staff invests the time and energy necessary to be well prepared for any unique requests or special concerns our clients may have.
Accessible Design Services
Get the results you deserve with our team of designers, architects and occupational therapists! Our qualified team of professionals bring their experience and know-how with them on every project. But what really sets our services apart from the rest of the industry is our attention to detail and receptiveness to the unique needs of each client.
Are you interested in working with an expert team in home accessibility with recommendations and designs based on medical necessity? Our team has skills necessary to identify and justify medical requirements for modifying a home for accessibility and attendant care needs.
We’re committed to providing consistently reliable service in a timely and professional manner.
Attendant Care Evaluations
Professional attendant care evaluations to assist in justifying attendant care needs, services and hours based on medical necessity. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring your needs are met.
Increase safety and function while decreasing reconstruction costs. Our qualified team of professionals bring their experience and know-how and extensive knowledge of adaptive equipment with them to every unique situation. But what really sets our services apart from the rest of the industry is our attention to detail and receptiveness to the unique needs of each client.
Home modifications based on aging or debilitating conditions.
Are you interested in working with professionals that are experts in disabling conditions and how to modify a home to overcome physical limitations and allow a fulfilling lifestyle? Our occupational therapists make recommendations based on research in disabilities and overcoming the issues associated with disabilities.
- Functional evaluation of client, including review of medical and therapy reports.
- Evaluation of the home for safety and accessibility.
- Home modification construction specifications, adaptive equipment and design recommendations for the care, recovery and rehabilitation of the client
- Development of accessible floor plans, additions and new accessible homes by our architects, designers and occupational therapists. Accessibility is our specialty.
- If modifying the home for safety and accessibility is too costly then other options are explored based on client needs identified in the OT evaluation.
- Identification of existing homes on the market that would be suitable for the client and cost-effective to modify.
- Provisions of blueprints by our design team with accessible floor plans for new builds.
- Our design team and OT's work with construction teams to ensure accessible and functional home.
- Follow-up and caregiver training to ensure use of home modifications and adaptive equipment is safe and functional.